Monday, April 28, 2014

Everything is Awesome!

So I love modern technology.  A lot.  It makes me so happy.  I think we have some of the best things for entertainment and happiness.  So in honor of my birthday week, I am listing some of my favorite things of technology, internet, and modern life.

1. Pandora. Seriously way better than radio.
2. Pinterest.  It's like window shopping, cooking shows, and comedy routines all at once.
3.  Facebook.  Whatever to all the haters.  I love being able to be in touch with so many people from different walks of life.
4.  Youtube.  I still remember in 2004 when one of my friends sent me the link to youtube and I was like "where have you been all my life?!"
5. Wikipedia.  Yeah it's not academic and I will mark down any paper that uses it.  But in the war to win useless trivia, Wikipedia is king.
6.  Video streaming, such as netflix, hulu, amazon prime, and network websites.  TV on my terms.
7. Dolby Atmos.
8.  Movie Theatres with reclining chairs.
9.  Online news outlets.
10.  Text Messaging.
11. Amazon.
12. Google.
13.  Blogs :).
14.  Web MD.  Nothing like self diagnosis gone wild!
15. Yelp!  Know before you go!
16.  The DVR.
17.  Email.
18.  E-Readers.  Kindle, Ipad, Nook, whatever.  Bringing one small device on a plane is so freaking happy.
19.  Powerpoint and Key Note presentations.  It's the nerd in me :).
20. Podcasts.  See number 19.

I could go on, but I believe this is sufficient to say I am glad I was born in this era.

No comments: