Friday, December 27, 2013

Maren's Daily Musings Migration

I have been prodded by many to move my musings to a blog or other format, so here we go.  You all win!  My new years resolution is to allow Maren's Daily Musings a more creative format/outlet.  For today, my musings will be my top favorite media entertainment moments of 2013, in no particular order.
1. Thor.  I had no idea I could enjoy a sequel so much.  Must be the Norse God in me.  Or the fact that Norse God's are good looking.  Or that their mothers are tough.  Or perhaps its because the show has lines like this in it "An Astrophysicist with three degrees should be able to change her own ringtone."
2.  42.  If you have not seen it, you should.  Really one of the most inspiring films of the year.
3. Gravity.  Someday I bet we find out they filmed it in space.
4. Catching Fire.  There is a moment near the end when Jennifer Lawrence is laying on the ground.  To say more would give too much away, but lets just say AWESOME.
5.  Dolby Atmos.  Look it up and check it out.  In Utah you have to go to the Megaplex in West Valley.
6. Frozen.  Scandinavian Princesses with freckles and Xmen-esque powers voiced by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel.  Really can't go wrong.  Throw in a dancing snowman? Sold.
7. Star Trek Into Darkness.  JJ Abrams got me to care about the Star Trek Franchise.  Amazing.
8. Now You See Me.  Wait what?  That is what I was saying most of the film in my head.
9. Much Ado about Nothing.  Well, actually, I still haven't seen it.  But the idea of a bunch of cool stars hanging out at Joss Whedon's house acting out Shakespeare....what more do you need.
10. Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.  Again, Joss Whedon.
11. Pinterest.  Oh dear, wonderful Pinterest.
12. The Big Bang Theory.  All episodes, but in particular the Scavenger Hunt Episode.  When is Neil Diamond going to be a guest star?  Someone somewhere needs to make that happen.
13. Saving Mr. Banks.  Still haven't seen it, but the trailer makes me happy.
14. Audra McDonald singing Climb Every Mountain on NBC.  That needs to happen more often.
15.  Neil Patrick Harris.  Just the fact that he is alive.
Yes I know I probably left your favorite out.  Go ahead and tell me.  I can handle it.  Tell me anything else you would like me to muse about.  

No comments: