Friday, March 7, 2014

Daily musings Chicago Edition

I love coming home!  One of the best things about me is that I have many homes.  From Logan, Utah to the streets of Brooklyn this girl plants her roots deep where and whenever she chooses a place to lay her head.  So while Chicago was one of the shortest lengths of time I spent in one home, and during a particularly difficult time personally, it was home nonetheless.  So what did I notice upon returning home?
1.  Traffic.   Utah does not have bad traffic.  What we call rush hour is nothing.  Nothing, people! Nothing. 
2.  The lady at the car rental place: "sorry, all I have in that category is a Yaris.  They don't have much trunk space.  I hope you don't mind small cars."  If only you knew!  The Yaris is in fact sufficient for my needs.  
3.  Ah toll roads.  How I truly loathe you.
4. Though I do enjoy the toll road oasis for a bathroom break.  
5. Whenever I return to a location I impress myself with my recall in regards to where things are and how to get there.  I am direction savy!  I only had to use the gps once, and that was to go someplace I have never been before.   
6.  The LDS mission office is right next to Hooters.  Not sure who planned that one.
7. Seriously love me some Chicago food.  Love it love it love it! 
8. Kudos to southwest and their free inflight entertainment.  Consequently, kudos to tlc and the food network for ensuring I will never be skinny. 
9. The rest of America can keep there tiny rivers and puddles they call lakes.  I am definitely a great lake girl! 
10. Driving in certain neighborhoods makes me feel really tough.
11.  Why is it that Utah does not seem to understand the awesomeness that is closed in porches? 
12.  I love when you can sit down with people you have not seen in ages and it feels just as comfortable as always.  
13.  I love big buildings and skylines.  There is something so exciting about a metropolis!
14.  I also love Chinatown.  Any Chinatown. Every Chinatown.
15.  Good thing I had podcasts to get me through the traffic.
16.  Pizza tomorrow.  The thought alone makes happiness rise through my body.  
17.  Buying little Chinese dresses for my girls brings me more pleasure than it should. 
18.  Those little travel one time use toothbrushes actually work quite well.  FYI.  You're welcome :).
19.  I love Chicago.  I love dc.  I love New York.  I need to add to my list of towns I love and call home.  Someday I need to figure out how to live in London :).  
20.  After the girls are grown, I am going to become a crazy nomad lady moving from city to city.  It's going to be epic.  I will conquer every city!

Good night world!  More Chicago tomorrow! 

No comments: