Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lies

Maren has to lose weight.  Sad but true fact.  It's not a vanity thing, it's a health thing.  Pretty much no choice.  I know all the rules, I know how.  Move more. Eat less.  Mostly plants.  Etc etc etc.  So in honor of the fact that Maren has to do the things she does not like, mainly exercise and eat healthy, lets take a moment to face the fact that some of the things people say about diets are pretty much lies.  My apologies in advance if any of these motivate you, but they do not motivate me.  Different strokes :).
1. "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".  Seriously, you people need to be friends with better cooks.
2 "Mashed cauliflower tastes just like potatoes". If you have never eaten potatoes I guess.
3.  "You won't even notice the difference".  Yes, yes in fact I will.
4. "It's not that hard to wake up half an hour earlier".  Not enough curse words in the English language to describe how I feel about that.
5. "Just take this pill or powder or whatever".  No miracle pill.  Just nope.
6. "Don't eat fruit".  I did not get this fat because I ate too many strawberries.  Too many chocolate covered strawberries after a meal drizzled in fat and cheese and sour cream and butter and all things good, yes but not because of too many strawberries.
7. "Planking feels so good".  If the fear of falling to your death feels good, then okay.
8. "Dipping Roasted Cauliflower in bbq sauce tastes just like Chicken Nuggets".  Where do people come up with this stuff?!
9.  "You only eat that stuff cause of (insert emotion here)."  Okay, sometimes yes, but sometimes chocolate cake just tastes better than carrots.  Go figure.
10.  "Zumba or whatever the latest fitness craze may be is easy.  You won't look silly."  Umm..have you met me?
11.  "It gets easier"...or perhaps it just gets more tolerable.
12. "You could totally do a marathon"...I really have no way to even respond to that.
13. "Once you eat healthy, you won't even miss the bad stuff." I will too. I promise I will.


Ah well.  Now that I got that out of my system time to try and be a bit more healthy.  Baby steps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had missed this somehow, but I want you to know that you can do it. I lost 80 pounds, and it was hard and keeping it off is hard, but I feel better overall. Jocelyn