Sunday, March 23, 2014

New things

This last year as many know has been my most challenging ever.  I hope that I have walked away stronger and more confident.  I know I have walked away more aware of myself, and more blessed to see who true friends are, and to see the love of family.  I still struggle now and then with why me and jealousy thoughts, but overall I survive and feel good times are ahead.  Once I was given the accusation that I am "always" changing.  Interestingly enough, I would tend to agree.  I have changed. I have grown.  I see things from a different perspective.  Some things frivolous. Some things serious.  However, I think the me of  a few years ago would be shocked about the me now.  Here are several things I did not know about myself until the recent challenges I have faced, challenges that helped me get to know myself, without any attachments or pressures to others:
1.  I don't really like romances unless they are very funny.
2. I really like some superhero movies but I am picky.
3. I like making excel spreadsheets but I don't really know all the tricks
4. I really like jewelry
5.  I don't like a lot of things in my home.  I prefer a minimal decor 
6.  I love road trips
7. I love small cars
8. I like diet coke
9. I struggle to sleep
10.  I really like funny television
11. I like getting my hair done 
12 I love massages!!
13.  Being alone isn't as scary as I thought it would be 
14. I love being able to throw things out or give things away
15.  I love Disney World
16. I hate airplanes but love that they take me to places enough that I forgive the hate
17.  I need to find more ways to relax
18. I love cooking 
19. I love throwing parties 
20.  I love the color purple. 

The best part about this list is that it will probably change tomorrow 


No comments: