Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hoarding

Hoarding is such an interesting thing.  I have actively been trying to dejunk my life, both physically and emotionally.   I was talking to a friend who collects deals...so after valentines day a few years ago she bought hundreds of valentines.   She has a garage full of other things she has a hard time letting go of. My parents hoard books.   And on and on.  Emotionally we hold on to regret.  Friendships long lost.   Clothes that will never fit again.  So it's time to stop hoarding and l am ready to let go this year.  
1. I will not keep clothes I know I will never fit again.  
2.  I will not keep clothes that my youngest child will never fit again. 
3.  I will not keep wishing for relationships that did not give me strength
4.  I will not buy things I don't have room for now because I might need them later.
5. I will not keep toys my children no longer play with.
6.  I need to find a way to get rid of the guilt I have hoarded over things beyond my control.
7.  I need to let go of feeling less than others around me.
8.  Let's be honest I probably will continue to hoard music, books, and apple products.  No one is perfect.
9.  My worth is more than a paycheck.
10 .  My worth is not based on a number on a scale or a clothing label.
11.  My worth is not based on a title, occupation, marriage status, or life choice.
12.  I will surround myself with people who build me up and attempt to assist in building them as well.
13.  I will hoard moments, joys, adventures, and experiences.
14. I will hoard and give hugs and compliments and phone calls and texts and positive human interactions.
15.  I will hoard learning and growing and progressing.
16.   I will have more fun.  I will treat myself better.   
17.  I will be my own valentine :).
18.  I will collect smiles and laughs and jokes and amusement.
19.  Lastly, I will still hoard blankets.   Oh how I love a good blanket.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

we don't hoard books; we collect them as we do memories.

Maren said...

Good point Lori. :). I just remember people helping me move and muttering I should invest in an e reader. Lol I have two! Yet I will continue to collect books.

Maren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.