Sunday, January 5, 2014

7 year old Wisdom

While listening to the ramblings of a toddler is fun, it is even more fun to talk to a 7 year old.  7 year olds are excellent when it comes to praise, honest when it comes to criticism, and look at life as an exciting adventure.  These are just a few of the fun things my oldest has said recently:
1. Mom, let me help you pack your lunch.  You need bubble gum.  (Why do I need bubble gum?)  Cause if you start to have a bad day, you can chew bubble gum.  No one is sad chewing bubble gum.
2. Mom when I go to college you can go to college with me.  Then you could finally be a real doctor.
3.  Mom, you sometimes sound like Elsa when you sing.  And sometimes you sound like Anna.  And other times you sound like P!nk.   But you always sound pretty.
4.  Mom you really need to practice your reading voices.  You sing well, but you need to be more exciting when you read.
5.  Mom you are the best cooker ever.  Really, the very best.  You should go work at a restaurant.  Everyone will go there.
6.  Mom, don't get a job doing nails.  You do okay, but the lady at the salon was much better.
7.  Mom you always tell me when I am watching TV or movies to figure out what it is teaching me.  What is pinterest teaching you?
8.  Mom, do you have to ask your boss when you have to go to the bathroom?
9.  Mom, I have always dreamed of going ice skating.  Really.  Can you please make my dream come true?
10.  Mom, this movie seems like a true story.....(20 minutes later after witnessing a lot of magic in the movie) Oh I get it.  Its not real.  Beds don't fly.
11.  Why does Kermit always sing?  In every movie he sings.  Why?
12.  Mom I wish I was born before I was.  (Why?)  Cause in old movies everyone sings.  Why did people stop singing?

Out of all of them, I have to concur, why did people stop singing?!!

No comments: