Saturday, January 25, 2014

Doing too much....again

I have this nasty little habit of overextending myself...a lot.  And then I get tired.  And upset.  Yet, I feel guilty if I relax, if I take time off, if I take time to be myself, enjoy myself, and relax just a little bit.  This week, especially this weekend, has been like that.  So many struggles cloud the way too often.  So I need to learn and remember that even on exhausting days like today I have so much to be happy about. And really, the little things do keep me going.  So, today specifically, here are some things I am thankful for.
1. FaceTime.  Good old Apple.  Thanks for making it possible for me to talk to and see my daughters every day.
2. The radio, itunes, youtube, pandora, etc.  It is so wonderful that I can listen to music whenever I want, whatever I want, in many different ways.
3.  Good friends who listen to me whine and cry, and let me experience new things, like making freezer meals, even if I kind of make a fool of myself.
4.  Good friends who answer the phone even if they know they will have to hear me complain for a bit.
5.  My brother.  For many reasons, but today in particular, his movie collection.
6.  Good food.
7.  Blankets and pillows.  And beds.
8.  The fact that my phone can video my kids.  The fact that our memories are a lot more recordable now than at any other time in history.
9.  People who are kind and understanding.
10.  People who have helped me rebuild my confidence and help me understand my worth.
11.  Of course, as always, nothing is as wonderful as the two little angels that make everything I go through worthwhile.
12.  People who remind me that while some people are hurtful and harmful, most people are good, kind, and trying the best they can.
13. Grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, pizza delivery, and everything else that makes the every day activities of life easier.
14.  The ability to take care of myself.
15.  The education I have been blessed to have.

Happy Saturday Night everyone!  Relax a little.  

No comments: