Thursday, January 16, 2014

Music Musings

Lately it seems that a lot of songs are about standing up, saying what you want, being brave, and so on.   Not that I mind.  I love the message.  However over the last several years it seems almost epidemic.  These songs are great.  They help me get out of bed and feel ready to face life. For instance:
1. Brave-Say what you want to say, and let the words come out!
2. Roar-I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath, scared to rock the boat and make a mess, etc etc etc.
3.  Perfect-Pretty Pretty please don't you ever ever feel that you're less than, less than perfect.
4. Let it go-I know I left a life behind but I'm too relieved to grieve.....let it go, let it go, don't hold it back anymore
5.  People like us-People like us we've gotta stick together, keep your head up, nothing lasts for ever
6.  Stronger-What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller, doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
7. Try-Where there is desire there is bound to be a flame, where there is a flame someone's bound to get  burned.  But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die, you gotta get up and try, try, try.
8.  Since you been gone-I can breathe for the first time.  I'm so moving on...thanks to you, now I get, I get what I want.

I want to add more to my list.  What should I be listening to?  Suggestions?

No comments: