Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Maren's Favorite Movies

I love movies.  I really do.  I honestly could sit and watch movie after movie and be content.  Of course, life and duties and responsibilities prevent that.  However, if I had hours to waste, I would probably watch several wonderful movies.  Picking a true favorite would be impossible.  I like different movies in different moods and different genres.  Some of my choices you may judge, but that is the way it goes.  So in no particular order, here are several movies that are a sure fire way to provide me with an evening of enjoyable entertainment.  Maybe one of them will brighten your dreary January.
1. Steel Magnolias.
2. The Help.
3.  Legally Blonde. (DON'T JUDGE!)
4. What's Up Doc?
5. The King's Speech
6. Slumdog Millionaire
7. Saving Mr. Banks (New but I know it will be a favorite forever.)
8. Frozen (See number 7)
9. Sense and Sensibility
10. Dead Poet's Society
11. The Avengers
12. Hairspray
13. Pete's Dragon
14. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
15. You've Got Mail
16. What's Eating Gilbert Grape
17. Little Women
18. Newsies
19. Anne of Green Gables (Is that a TV Show?  I don't know how to categorize it)
20. A League of Their Own

There are more, I know.  I probably missed all your favorites.  I probably missed many of mine.  But I say wrap up in a cozy blanket this weekend and watch one of these movies!

4 comments:

Stephanie with black cats said...

No Pitch Perfect?

Maren said...

Good point. I should have listed that one :)

Unknown said...

What about "My Best Friend's Wedding"? How many times did we watch that?

Maren said...

Holy cow how could I have forgotten about My Best Friend's Wedding?