Thursday, January 9, 2014

What day is it anyway?

Spent the entire day thinking it was the 8th, when it is the 9th.  Which made me realize how I often make little mistakes like that.  So today I want to muse about some of my favorite little mistakes in life.
1.  Growing up, I always thought my name was really just all my siblings names mashed together cause my mother would say everyone else's name before she got to mine.  Good times.
2.  Ever start belting a song and enjoy it so much that you miss your exit?  Well I do.  All. The. Time.
3. Ever spell your own name wrong?  Yeah.  Not the highest moment of my life.
4.  Once I taught an entire hour of a four hour class before realizing I was using a powerpoint from a different course in a different department.  :)
5.   Accidentally using diaper cream for toothpaste.  Not my favorite mishap.
6.  Falling down.  Happens like once a week.  Just call me grace.
7. Putting down the wrong year.  I still write 2012 sometimes.
8.  Emailing the wrong person.  Love when I do that when it is something important.  Shows my genius.
9.  Saying the wrong birthdate for your child.  Do it at the Pharmacy every single month.  I am sure the Pharmacy Tech thinks I am the smartest woman she has ever met.
10.  Sending e-mails with grammatical errors to your supervisor with a PhD.
11.  Posting grammatical errors and typos on facebook.  Love it when I publicly show my lack of intelligence.
12.  Pretending to understand a conversation until the person figures out you have no idea what you are talking about, and then they laugh and laugh.
13.  Singing....coming in on the wrong note, loud and proud.  :(
14. Being a well known Broadway expert, and yet misquoting a show as Sondheim when it wasn't.
15.  Teaching a Psychology class and yet quoting the wrong theory.

I could go on.  My point is Today is January 9th, but I did not know until I was schooled by my 7 year old at 5pm tonight.  Happy Thursday Everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear friend, are brillant! You would not want your girls to say they lack intelligence, why do you say it about yourself?! Be brillant and for heavens sake keep writing this blog because I love reading it. Jocelyn

Maren said...

Oh Jocelyn you are sweet. I was laughing as I wrote this because it was just so funny to realize I was completely wrong on the date and my little girl had to convince me.