Thursday, January 30, 2014

Guilt

Guilt is such a powerful weapon.  I think that most moms feel guilt about just about everything.  Moms that work have guilt, moms that stay at home have guilt, moms that are divorced have guilt, moms that are married have guilt.  Today I spent a lot of time thinking about guilt, and I have decided that I am sick of feeling bad about every single move I make.  So today instead of feeling guilty about all that I did not do because I was sick, I am going to talk about the things I am not guilty about.
1.  I let my girls paint my nails even though I don't feel good an a seven year old does not paint well.
2. I am currently getting a "check-up" performed by my three year old with her doctor kit.
3. When I took Leia to school she said to her friends "That's my mom.  She dyed her hair red."
4. And now the seven year old is assisting with the check up.  It's apparently a two woman job.
5. We still had a healthy dinner.
6.  The girls also decided to play fisherman pulling nets on the "boat" which is my couch.
7.  My children are smart and creative.
8.  My girls love to give hugs and tell everyone how much they love people.
9.  My girls are building good imaginations and good self esteem.
10.  My girls are smart and funny.

I am so blessed, and I need to remember that whenever I feel less than the people around me.  

No comments: